Stray Boots City Tour Sweepstakes
American Airlines SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. No entries from agents, third parties, or organized groups. No bulk entries. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. Any materials submitted that are unsuitable in the opinion of the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to American’s Twitter page or elsewhere during the Sweepstakes that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, followers of American or directly aimed at the Sponsor, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to alert Twitter and other social networks, where relevant, to any such behavior and you may have your account frozen pending investigation. All entry instructions form part of these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. Prizing consists of one-hundred (100) vouchers for Stray Boots interactive walking tours as listed on https://www.strayboots.com/. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $12 each. Total ARV of all Prizes: $1,200. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Vouchers are valid one year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about August 5, 2013, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor who will select the Winner in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor under independent supervision. Winners will be contacted on or about August 7, 2013. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified via Direct Message (DM) to the Twitter handle used for entry into the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify any entrant’s details before making an award. If the potential Winners cannot be contacted within 7 days at the Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes after 3 attempts or where the Prize is declined, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner drawn at the same time as the original. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winners and, unless Winners are minors, in which case the provisions within these Official Rules will apply. Winners cannot transfer the right to take up the Prize to anyone else. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about August 12, 2013 and shall remain up for 3 months’ time.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
American Airlines is a trademark of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.