LAX/LHR Video Hashtag Sweepstakes Rules
AMERICAN AIRLINES SWEEPSTAKES/PRIZE DRAW
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
- ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes/Prize Draw is open to individuals legally residing in the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia or United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi) and at the time of entry; provided, however, that entry cannot be made from a computer, mechanical device, or electronic device at a place of business in the State of Georgia. Employees and agents of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw. No entries from agents, third parties, or organized groups. No bulk entries. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. Any materials submitted that are unsuitable in the opinion of the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to American’s Twitter or Facebook page or elsewhere during the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, followers of American or directly aimed at the Sponsor, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw. Sponsor reserves the right to alert Twitter and other social networks, where relevant, to any such behavior and you may have your account frozen pending investigation. All entry instructions form part of these Official Rules.
- PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. American Airlines Travel Authorization Certificates: One Grand Prize, consisting of Two (2) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the American Connection® carrier) A) for US Based Resident from any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States to the European destination of Winner’s choice, or B) for UK residents from Manchester (MAN) or London (LHR) to any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $2,250 each. Total ARV of all Prizes: $4,500. Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Valid for U.S. residents only: Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Travel Certificates are valid one year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended. If winner is unable to travel these dates, the Prize will be forfeited. Travel Certificates may be used for air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates A) for US residents are redeemable for air travel sold and originating in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, B) for UK Residents from Manchester (MAN) or London (LHR) to any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest Winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. Winner and Winner’s guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice. American Airlines reserves the right to revise Travel Certificate terms and conditions at any time without notice, if circumstances make this unavoidable. See Exhibit A for full terms and conditions for Travel Certificates.
- DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about June 18, 2013, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor who will select the Winner in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor under independent supervision. Winners will be contacted on or about June 18, 2013. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes/Prize Draw. The potential Winner will be notified via Direct Message (DM) to the Twitter handle used for entry into the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these Official Rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify any entrant’s details before making an award. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted within 28 days by Twitter handle at the email Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw after 3 attempts, or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility within the required time period, or otherwise where the Prize is declined, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner drawn at the same time as the original. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner and, unless Winner is a minor, in which case the provisions within these Official Rules will apply, Winner cannot transfer the right to take up the Prize to anyone else. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
- ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- TAXES. Valid for U.S. residents only: Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prize will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Sponsor and with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
- OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes/Prize Draw or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prize to Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes/Prize Draw-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes/Prize Draw in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes/Prize Draw or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes/Prize Draw but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
- WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about May 14, 2013, and shall remain up for 3 months’ time.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Airlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
TRAVEL CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TRAVEL CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Procedures for requesting Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) will be provided to recipient. Travel Certificates have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. Travel Certificates are not transferable or refundable.
- Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Coach must be booked in "T" class, Business in "U" class and First in "Z" class. No open Travel Certificates are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply.
- Travel Certificates cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment.
- Travel Certificates must be issued by the American Airlines Ticket Redemption Center at 1-800-727-2142. Travel agencies cannot issue Travel Certificates.
- For US winners only: Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the Travel Certificate is issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the Travel Certificates, or in relation to use of the Travel Certificates.
- Minors who are recipients of Travel Certificates must be accompanied on all flights by a parent or guardian.
- Travel Certificates are valid for travel only on American Airlines, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this Exhibit A as “American Airlines”). American Eagle and the American Connection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. . The American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers.
- Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted.
- American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transportation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging, if required.
- If American Airlines, for any reason, discontinues service to the selected destination before the travel date, the user must select an alternate American Airlines destination.
- After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any change requiring reticketing, such as a change of origin or destination. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
- After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, an administrative service charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any changes regarding a date or time. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
- After a Ticket has been issued from a Travel Certificate, Customer must contact the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations prior to flight if they plan on canceling their ticketed reservation. In the event Customer fails to contact an American Airlines representative through the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations, the ticket will default to a No-Show, and an administrative service charge of $50.00 (Coach Class) $75.00 (Business Class) or $100.00 (First Class) will be assessed to reinstate the reservation.
- Credit will not be given for unused Travel Certificates.
- Lost or stolen Travel Certificates will not be replaced.
- Passengers are not eligible for AADVANTAGE® mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. AADVANTAGE® miles and/or stickers cannot be used to upgrade.
- Purchased upgrades are permitted by paying the difference between the full fare for the authorized class of service and the next class of service. Paid upgrades are only allowed for next cabin. Two cabin upgrades will not be processed. Processing of purchased upgrades will be handled when redeeming certificate through American’s Ticket Redemption Center and may not be handled at airport ticket counters. Processing time is a minimum of 48 hours based on hours of operation of Ticket Redemption Center.
- Domestic travel is subject to American Airlines CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, as may be amended from time to time. International travel is regulated by the WARSAW CONVENTION, as amended, or the MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999, as applicable, and by applicable Tariffs. The Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs may be found on AA.Com.