MIA-MXP #WorktheRunway SWEEPSTAKES
MIA-MXP #WorktheRunway SWEEPSTAKES
MIA-MXP #WorktheRunway SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES CONSISTS OF A RANDOM DRAWING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia or who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. No entries from agents, third parties, or organized groups. No bulk entries. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. Any materials submitted that are unsuitable in the opinion of the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to the Twitter page of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) or elsewhere during the Sweepstakes that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, followers of Sponsor or directly aimed at the Sponsor, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to alert Twitter and other social networks, where relevant, to any such behavior and you may have your account frozen pending investigation. All entry instructions form part of these Official Rules.
The comment submitted as your Entry must comply with all requirements set forth herein, including the entry requirements provided below to be considered an eligible Sweepstakes Entry.
By submitting an Entry, entrants agree to indemnify and hold Released Parties (as defined below) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Released Parties, or any of them, arising out of or in connection with the participation by the entrants in this Sweepstakes, any breach by the entrants of the foregoing warranties or agreements or the use, in whole or in part, by any Released Party of any Entry (or portion thereof) submitted by the entrants in this Sweepstakes.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
By submitting an Entry into the Sweepstakes, you warrant and represent that the Entry confirms to the Official Rules and the Entry Requirements set forth herein. Entries must be in English. The following guidelines set by the Sponsor should be followed for each Entry:
- You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry). For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which you hereby acknowledge, you agree to all terms and conditions found in the User Generated Submission attached and made a part of these rules;
- The Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity, any materially dangerous activity, or any inappropriate content;
- The Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, depict gambling references or tobacco use, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- The Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or other people, products or companies;
- The Entry cannot infringe on any trademarks, logos, copyrighted works, trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) or any intellectual property owned by others (including but not limited to music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images, published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor; The Entry cannot (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than the Sponsor’s, including, but not limited to, any of Sponsor’s competitors, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses without permission. Should entrant include any personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof;
- The Entry cannot contain materials infringing on any individual’s right of publicity, unless you have express permission from that person to use their likeness and performance in connection with the Sweepstakes;
- The Entry cannot promote any particular political agenda or message;
- The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- The Entry cannot violate any law or otherwise be inappropriate; all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
EACH ENTRANT WARRANTS TO THE RELEASED PARTIES THAT HIS OR HER ENTRY DOES NOT CONTRAVENE OR INFRINGE ON ANYONE ELSE’S COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, MORAL RIGHTS, PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, contact us here if you wish to report it: email@example.com. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Sweepstakes Entry requirements set forth herein in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Sweepstakes Entry requirements. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the Entry and the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) and that posting of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and Released Parties from any claims to the contrary.
By posting an Entry, entrants agree that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Entrants hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that entrants may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment. Further, Sponsor may request from entrant, that the entrant secure from any model(s) or videographer an irrevocable assignment and transfer to Sponsor all of any model(s) or videographer’s right, title and interest in and to the Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. The model(s) or videographer may be required to waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that the model(s) or videographer may now or later have in the Entry. Should Sponsor fail to request the said model(s) assignment or videographer assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment(s).
ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AT ANY TIME DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD (IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR), AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE AN ENTRANT MAY BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. One Grand Prize, consisting of Two (2) Roundtrip Main Cabin Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier) from any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States to Milan, Italy (MXP). Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $4,500. Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Travel Certificates are valid one year from the date issued. Expiration date cannot be extended. If Winner is unable to travel these dates, the prize will be forfeited. Travel Certificates may be used for air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel within/between 48 contiguous United States and Milan, Italy. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates do not include a $3.20 Federal Excise Tax which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger's ticketed itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Travel Certificates do not include Passenger Facility Charge(s) of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary or September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per round-trip. For travel to/from Hawaii/Alaska, U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $14.00 round-trip applies. Travel Certificates for international travel do not include U.S. International Air Transportation tax of up to $28.20 and U.S. and foreign user, inspection, security or other similarly based charges, fees or taxes of up to $240, depending on itinerary. These taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Taxes, fees, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. It is the responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of all necessary documentation (e.g. valid passport, visa where applicable) at the time of departure from origin. American Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without the proper documentation. Other restrictions may apply. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest Winner’s home that is served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of Winner’s immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest’s parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel. Winner and Winner’s guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice. American Airlines reserves the right to revise rules and conditions at any time without notice. See TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS attached.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE. On or about December 3, 2013, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor who will select the Winner in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor under independent supervision. Winner will be contacted on or about December 3, 2013. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be notified via Direct Message (DM) to the Twitter handle used for entry into the Sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these Official Rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify any entrant’s details before making an award. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted within 10 days by Twitter handle at the email Twitter handle used to enter the Sweepstakes after 3 attempts, or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility within the required time period, or otherwise where the Prize is declined, the Prize will be forfeited. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner and, unless Winner is a minor, in which case the provisions within these Official Rules will apply, Winner cannot transfer the right to take up the Prize to anyone else. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prize will be taxable to Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Sponsor and with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prize to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNER’S LIST. The name of the Winner will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about December 31, 2013.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
American Airlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES CONSISTS OF A RANDOM DRAWING. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to individuals legally residing in the forty-eight contiguous (48) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. 3. Sweepstakes commences 12:00:01 p.m. U.S. Central Time (“CT”) on November 21, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on December 2, 2013. All entries must be received by at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on December 2, 2013. 4. PRIZE DETAILS: consisting of Two (2) Main Cabin Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “Travel Certificate”) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier) for from any city served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States to Milan, Italy (MXP). ARV: $4,500. 5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of Eligible Entries. 6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. One entry per person. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at http://bit.ly/MXPRway. 9. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 10. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
American Airlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle, and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Procedures for requesting Travel Authorization Certificates (each a “TAC”) will be provided to organization or recipient. TACs have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. TACs are not transferable or refundable.
2. TACs are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Main Cabin must be booked in “T” class, Business in “U” class and First in “Z” class. No open TACs are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply.
3. TACs cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment.
4. TACs must be issued by the American Airlines Ticket Redemption Center at 1-800-727-2142. Travel agencies cannot issue TACs.
5. Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the Ticket is issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the TACs, or in relation to use of the TACs.
6. If TACs are provided for fund-raising, the fund-raising activity cannot be conducted by or in connection with a 3rd party (including, but not limited to the offering of Travel Awards on public auction web sites); provided nothing herein shall prevent the use of a 3rd party administrative entity such as may be available to charitable organizations in the conduct of a promotion.
7. Minors who are recipients of TACs must be accompanied on all flights by a parent or guardian.
8. TACs are valid for travel only on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier (collectively referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “American Airlines”). American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers.
9. Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted.
10. American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transportation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging, if required.
11. If American Airlines, for any reason, discontinues service to the selected destination before the travel date, the user must select an alternate American Airlines destination.
12. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, an administrative service charge of $100.00 will be assessed for any change requiring reticketing, such as a change of origin or destination. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
13. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, an administrative service charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any changes regarding a date or time. Changes requiring reticketing must have prior approval of ticket authorizer.
14. After a Ticket has been issued from a TAC, Customer must contact the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations prior to flight if they plan on canceling their ticketed reservation. In the event Customer fails to contact an American Airlines representative through the Ticket Redemption Center or Reservations, the ticket will default to a No-Show, and an administrative service charge of $50.00 (Main Cabin) $75.00 (Business Class) or $100.00 (First Class) will be assessed to reinstate the reservation.
15. Unused TACs may be used at a later date (valid until travel expiration of this contract), subject to a ticket reissue fee. TACs that are not used by the expiration date of the contract will not be extended. Credit will not be given for unused TACs.
16. Lost or stolen TACs will not be replaced.
17. Passengers are not eligible for AAdvantage® mileage credit or any other promotional benefit that American may offer. AAdvantage® miles and/or stickers cannot be used to upgrade.
18. Purchased upgrades are permitted by paying the difference between the full fare for the authorized class of service and the next class of service. Paid upgrades are only allowed for next cabin. Two cabin upgrades will not be processed. Processing of purchased upgrades will be handled when redeeming certificate through our Ticket Redemption Center and may not be handled at airport ticket counters. Processing time is a minimum of 48 hours based on hours of operation of Ticket Redemption Center.
19. Domestic travel is subject to the American Airlines CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE, as may be amended from time to time. International travel is regulated by the WARSAW CONVENTION, as amended, or the MONTREAL CONVENTION OF 1999, as applicable, and by applicable Tariffs. The Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs may be found on AA.Com.
Updated September 23, 2013
USER GENERATED SUBMISSION LICENSE AGREEMENT
By entering the American Airlines MIA-MXP #WorktheRunway Sweepstakes entrant additionally agrees to the terms and provisions of this User Generated Submission License Agreement (“Terms Agreement”). The same shall be between you and American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines”) concerning your submission(s) containing artwork, audio recordings, copy, ideas, images, music, photography, text, video recordings, written materials and/or other materials (“Submission”) for American Airlines consideration and possible use in connection with American Airlines American Airlines MIA-MXP #WorktheRunway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”). For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which you hereby acknowledge, you agree to the following:
1. You hereby grant American Airlines the following rights:
(a) An irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual license to use and exploit the Submission, including, without limitation, the title(s) and each and every element of the Submission, in whole or in part, in any and all manner and media throughout the world without additional compensation; and
(b) The right to use your name, voice, image, likeness and biographical data in connection with both the Submission and the Promotion, including, without limitation, in credits, advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials, except where legally prohibited.
2. You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
(a) American Airlines shall have the right to crop, edit, alter or arrange the Submission in any way it desires in American Airlines sole discretion;
(b) American Airlines shall not have any obligation to provide you with any credit when using your Submission, but in the event American Airlines chooses to provide you with credit the size and placement of the credit shall be at American Airlines sole discretion;
(c) No confidential or fiduciary relationship exists between you and American Airlines, and that no such relationships have been established by reasons of this Terms Agreement or by reason of my submission to American Airlines;
(d) You shall waive any “droit moral” or “moral rights” that you may have in the Submission;
(e) You will not issue any publicity concerning American Airlines and/or the Promotion;
(f) You are not entitled to any compensation or other payment from American Airlines in connection with the Submission; and
(g) American Airlines has not made any promises or representations to you in order to induce you to provide the Submission.
3. You represent and warrant that:
(a) You have the full power and authority to enter into this Terms Agreement, to grant the rights herein and to perform all of your obligations set forth in this Terms Agreement;
(b) You are the author of the Submission and that each and every element of the Submission is an original work created by you;
(c) The Submission has not been previously published and has not won previous awards;
(d) You are the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and all of the trademark and copyrights therein;
(e) No third party is entitled to any compensation or payment as a condition for American Airlines\ use and exploitation of the Submission;
(f) The Submission complies with the Promotion Official Rules;
(g) The Submission, and each and every element therein, does not (i) infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any third party, (ii) violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party, and (iii) contain any libelous or slanderous material or defame any third party; and
(h) The Submission does not contain any (i) pornography or sexually explicit content, (ii) criminal or illegal acts, and (iii) violent or dangerous acts.