American Airlines Artworks for the Cure 2013 VIP Ticket Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. Between 09:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 9, 2013 and 9:00 a.m. PT on October 10, 2013 (the “Promotional Period”), complete an official entry form online in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. PT on October 10, 2013. To enter, visit the official American Airlines Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/americanairlines) and “Like” the post that refers to the Artworks for the Cure 2013 VIP Ticket Sweepstakes. On-line entry via Facebook only – all participants must have access to the internet and an active Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://www.facebook.com for details on creating an account. All entries will be subject to Facebook’s terms and policies, which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/policies/. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be appealed. Limit one (1) entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the state of California who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. No entries from agents, third parties, or organized groups. No bulk entries. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to American’s Facebook page or elsewhere during the Sweepstakes that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, followers of American or directly aimed at the Sponsor, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to alert Facebook and other social networks, where relevant, to any such behavior and you may have your account frozen pending investigation. All entry instructions form part of these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. One (1) Winner will receive a prize consisting of two (2) tickets (each a “VIP Ticket”) to the Artworks for the Cure 2013, valid for entry into the Friday evening, October 11, 2013 VIP Meet the Artists Reception and the Art Exhibit/Auction & Sale on Sunday, October 13, 2013 (the “Prize”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $150. Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the event. Expiration date cannot be extended. If Winner is unable to attend either of the events, the Prize will be forfeited. VIP Tickets are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged VIP Tickets will not be replaced. In the event, for whatever reason, the VIP Meet the Artists Reception and/or the Art Exhibit/Auction & Sale is cancelled, Sponsor will not provide any compensation or substitution for the Prize.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE. Following the end of the Promotion Period, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor to select the Winner. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be notified via Facebook and will be given twelve (12) hours’ time to respond. Should the Winner not respond in the time allotted, no alternate winner will be chosen. Winner will be required to show the Facebook message and a photo ID in order to collect the Prize. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within twenty-four (24) hours from time of initial contact, or the Prize will be forfeited. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prize will be taxable to Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Sponsor and with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNER’S LIST. The name of the Winnerwill be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about October 11, 2013, and shall remain up for 3 months’ time.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155. American Airlines is a trademark of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to individuals legally residing in the state of California who are at least 18 years of at the time of entry. 3. Sweepstakes commences 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 9, 2013 and ends at 9:00 a.m. PT on October 10, 2013. All entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. PT on October 10, 2013. 4. PRIZE: Two (2) tickets (each a “VIP Ticket”) to the Artworks for the Cure 2013, valid for entry into the Friday evening, October 11, 2013 VIP Meet the Artists Reception and the Art Exhibit/Auction & Sale on Sunday, October 13, 2013. ARV: $150.00. 5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of Eligible Entries. 6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. One entry per person. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at http://bit.ly/AWFB1009 9. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 10. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Airlines is a trademark of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.