LAX New Routes Retweet Twitter Sweepstakes
AMERICAN AIRLINES SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. Between 10:01 a.m. [Central Time (“CT”)] on April 10, 2013 and 9:59 a.m. [CT] on April 11, 2013 (“Promotional Period”), complete an official entry form online in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 9:59 a.m. [CT] on April 11, 2013. To enter, follow @AmericanAir on Twitter and RT the Sweepstakes message, which will be posted at approximately 10:00 a.m. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one (1) entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry; provided, however, that entry cannot be made from a computer, mechanical device, or electronic device at a place of business in the State of Georgia. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS.
AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE® MILES: Nine (9) Grand Prize Winners will receive 9,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier), oneworld® carriers or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, the (“Prize”). (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $171. Total ARV of all Prizes: $1,539. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, or may be provided in the form of a Certificate as set forth below, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification, Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. If AAdvantage® miles are provided to the Winner in the form of a certificate, AAdvantage® miles will be sent to the Winner in the form of a Certificate. Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Certificate may not be transferred, purchased, sold or bartered. Only original Certificates will be honored. Certificate is void if reproduced, altered, counterfeited, obtained or used improperly. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Certificates will not be replaced by American Airlines. Determination of income tax liability on mileage Certificates and AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the holder. The holder of the Certificate has only the limited right to surrender same to American Airlines in accordance with rules and conditions stated herein for crediting of mileage by American Airlines and subject to all AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Certificate must be deposited online at www.depositAAmiles.com to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership account number in order to receive the mileage credit. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. Mileage credit can be deposited only once on or before the expiration date. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete depositAAmiles program details, visit www.depositAAmiles.com. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about April 12, 2013, Sponsor will select Winners from a random drawing, conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified by Direct Message (DM) to the Twitter handle used for entry. The potential Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within four (4) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, or the Winner is not following @AmericanAir prohibiting a Direct Message (DM), the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. It is the responsibility of the potential Winners to ensure they check the Direct Message boxes with in their twitter account, and to provide correct phone and email contact information in their AAdvantage® profile, which must be correct and up to date. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a signed Form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Any residents of the 50 United States that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Puerto Rico residents that win $500 or more in Prizes will receive a Form 480.6A, with a duplicate sent to the Puerto Rico tax authorities. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. To the extent applicable to any registrant or Prize Winners domiciled in Puerto Rico, these rules will be interpreted to comply with the laws of Puerto Rico. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its/their sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsors. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in random drawings from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor(s) due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about April 26, 2013.
12. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.