Citi and American Airlines Announce The New CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®
New Benefits Include Double American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles for Purchases on American Airlines and in Select Business Categories, Five Percent Annual AAdvantage Mileage Bonus on Purchases Made and Free First Checked Bag
NEW YORK AND FORT WORTH, Texas – May 15, 2012 – Providing new benefits that save money and deliver more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to small business owners, Citi and American Airlines are introducing the new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®. Business owners who get the new card will earn two AAdvantage® miles for every $1 in American Airlines purchases and on certain business purchases, as well as a five percent AAdvantage® mileage bonus on purchases made each cardmembership year. The new card helps business owners get more for their money while traveling, with first checked bag free, priority boarding, an American Airlines Companion Certificate every cardmembership year during which they spend $30,000 and renew their cardmembership, and 25 percent off eligible in-flight purchases when traveling on American Airlines.
“Citi and American recognize the important role of small businesses in our economy, and have worked together to develop a product that helps take their travel and spending farther,” said Ralph Andretta, Head of Co-Brands and Loyalty at Citi Cards. “This new card delivers what we’ve heard small businesses want and need: benefits that save time and money when they travel, and ways to get more from their spending like an annual mileage bonus.”
"Business owners value the rewards and enhanced customer experience offered by this card," said Suzanne Rubin, President - AAdvantage® Loyalty Program. "From the flight discounts to the mileage bonuses, all of these benefits highlight American's commitment to the success and continued loyalty of our customers who are business owners."
Beginning today, business owners can apply for the new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® to enjoy the full benefits at www.fly.citicards.com and earn 30,000 AAdvantage® miles after $1,000 in purchases made within the first three months of using the new card. An annual fee of $95 applies. For new cardmembers, the annual fee is currently waived for the first 12 months. Existing CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers can call Citi to inquire about upgrading their account.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® benefits include:
- Earn More Miles From Select Purchases. Earn two AAdvantage® miles for every $1 of purchases on American Airlines and on business purchases at certain office supply, telecommunications, and car rental merchants.
- Enjoy An AAdvantage Mileage Anniversary Bonus When You Renew Cardmembership. Receive a five percent AAdvantage® mileage bonus based on eligible purchases made with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® during the cardmembership year, provided cardmembership is renewed.
- Save Money While Traveling on American Airlines. First checked bag is free for the primary cardmember and up to four companions traveling on the same domestic reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after May 14, 2012. For a business owner and four employees traveling together within the U.S. in the main cabin, this would save $250 roundtrip. In addition, the cardmember will receive 25 percent savings on in-flight purchases of food, beverages and headsets when purchases are made with a Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card.
- Save Time in the Airport. Priority boarding for the primary cardmember and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after May 14, 2012.
- Earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate. Earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate for domestic main cabin travel each year in which $30,000 in eligible purchases are made on the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® and the card is renewed. Redeeming the certificate costs a $99 ticketing fee (plus $21.60 to $43.20 in government taxes and fees based on itinerary).
Other benefits include a complimentary concierge service, dedicated business card customer service, access to Citi® Private Pass® entertainment and events, and no annual limit or cap on how many AAdvantage® miles cardmembers can earn with card purchases.
Since the first Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card was introduced in 1987, Citi and American Airlines have generated tremendous customer and brand loyalty. For more information on the new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® please visit www.fly.citicards.com, www.aa.com/citibusiness, or www.facebook.com/aadvantage.
# # #
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://new.citi.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier serve 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories with, on average, more than 3,500 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members and members-elect serve more than 900 destinations with more than 9,000 daily flights to 150 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. AMR Corporation common stock trades under the symbol “AAMRQ” on the OTCQB marketplace, operated by OTC Markets Group.
About the AAdvantage Program
The AAdvantage® program was the first frequent flyer program. Established in 1981, the program now has more than 69 million members worldwide. Members can earn miles at more than 1,000 participating companies, which include 27 hotel chains representing more than 60 brands, more than 20 airlines, eight car rental companies, eight financial companies, and more than 500 brand name retailers. In addition, members can earn miles when making purchases with one of more than 100 affinity card products in more than 40 countries. In 2011, AAdvantage® members redeemed more than 166 billion miles to claim more than 7.5 million awards for flights, upgrades and other rewards. For more information and a listing of AAdvantage® program participating companies, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.