American's Suite of Mobile Products Gives Customers the Gift of Convenience During Busy Holiday Travel Season
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Anticipating the busy holiday travel season, American Airlines is reminding customers to access its suite of mobile products to ensure ease and convenience throughout the travel experience with proactive notifications and important information at their fingertips.
American's suite of mobile offerings makes the airline accessible on more devices and through more channels than any other carrier, underscoring American's commitment to keeping customers connected while on the go:
- American Airlines Mobile App – American's mobile app displays updated gate and time information and allows customers to check in for flights and retrieve mobile boarding passes before they get to the airport. The app also offers airport maps, a link to purchase a one-day Admirals Club® pass, and Sudoku on certain devices. American's mobile app is available for Android™, BlackBerry™, iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Windows® Phone, the Barnes & Noble NOOK Color Reader's Tablet™, and now Amazon's Kindle Fire.
- Multi-Passenger Check-In – American Airlines customers with Apple and Android devices can now check in for other travelers on their reservation using American's mobile app.
- Mobile Boarding Passes – American continues to expand its Mobile Boarding Pass functionality, which allows customers to scan a 2-D barcode to get through security checkpoints and American Airlines gates. Mobile boarding is now available at 77 airports around the world – 68 in the U.S. and 9 international.
- Flight Status Notifications – Visit the Notification Center at AA.com/Connect and sign up to receive automatic updates on gates, times and baggage claim areas via email, voicemail or text message. Customers can also set up notifications for friends or family picking them up from the airport.
- FLYAA Text Option – Send a text message with a flight number and airport code, or just the flight number, to FLYAA (35922) and receive an instant text response with gates, times and baggage claim areas.
- Inflight Wi-Fi – When traveling on a Wi-Fi-enabled aircraft, passengers can purchase Gogo® inflight Internet on their laptops, tablets or smartphones. Customers who do not purchase Wi-Fi access are still able to access American's app and AA.com free of charge. In addition, American and Gogo are offering a free 10-minute Wi-Fi session to all passengers on Wi-Fi-enabled aircraft from Dec. 25, 2011, to Jan. 2, 2012.
"Whether our customers are vacationing for the holidays or flying to see family and friends, our mobile products are here to simplify their travel and make for a better overall experience," said Andrew Watson, American's Vice President – Customer Technology. "And with so many new apps and mobile offerings available, our customers are sure to find the right mobile tool to fit their personal device or style – be it our popular mobile app for smartphones like the iPhone or devices like the new Amazon Kindle Fire. This holiday travel season has been simplified to meet our customers where they most want to be met – through their personal technology."
While traveling during the holidays, customers are encouraged to check out the new "Travel Tips" tab on American's Facebook page, or visit AA.com/Destinations to get customized travel-related information from Frommer's for more than 170 domestic and international destinations served by American and American Eagle.
For more information about American's mobile products, visit AA.com/mobile.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier serve 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members and members-elect serve more than 900 destinations with more than 10,000 daily flights to 149 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR).
Current AMR Corp. news releases can be accessed at http://www.aa.com
SOURCE American Airlines