American Airlines Reveals Details for AAdvantage Elite Rewards
FORT WORTH, Texas, March 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Once again, American Airlines is pleased to announce that Elite Rewards are being offered in 2012 to thank AAdvantage® elite-status members for their continued loyalty to the airline. In addition to the benefits already enjoyed by elite-status members, qualifying AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members will have the opportunity to select from a list of additional exclusive Elite Reward offerings.
Qualification for Elite Rewards is based on the member's elite-status level and the number of elite-qualifying points earned for the year ending Dec. 31, 2012. Elite-qualifying points are earned based on a combination of earned miles and class of service purchased. Reward choices include:
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum members who earn 125,000 or more elite-qualifying points will be eligible to select two of the following rewards:
- 35,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
- Two (2) one-way systemwide electronic upgrades
- One (1) one-year Admirals Club® membership
- Gift of AAdvantage Gold status for a friend
- One (1) 20 percent AA.com discount promotion code for future systemwide travel on American Airlines
- AAdvantage Platinum members who earn 75,000 – 99,999 elite-qualifying points will be eligible to select one of the following rewards:
- 25,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
- Eight (8) 500-mile electronic upgrades
- Four (4) Admirals Club one-day passes
- Gift of AAdvantage Gold status for a friend
- One (1) 15 percent AA.com discount promotion code for future systemwide travel on American Airlines
- AAdvantage Gold members who earn 40,000 – 49,999 elite-qualifying points will be eligible to select one of the following rewards:
- 15,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
- Four (4) 500-mile electronic upgrades
- Two (2) Admirals Club one-day passes
- One (1) 10 percent discount code for future systemwide travel on American Airlines
"Elite Rewards have been a popular benefit for our AAdvantage elite-status members and we're pleased to offer them again," said Suzanne Rubin, President – AAdvantage Loyalty Program. "The ability for members to select rewards that are most valuable and relevant to them is a key component to this exciting offer."
To participate in Elite Rewards, members can register until Dec. 15, 2012, at www.AA.com/Offers using promotion code ELTA2. Members will receive notification of their Elite Reward eligibility, along with the deadline for making their Elite Reward selection, in January 2013. Members must opt in to receive the AAdvantage eSummary(SM) email so they can be notified when it is time to choose their Elite Reward.
To sign up for the AAdvantage eSummary, log in to AA.com, go to the "My Account" section and click on the "Email and Fare Alerts" tab. For more information about Elite Rewards, including full terms and conditions, visit www.AA.com/EliteRewards2012.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier serve 260 airports in more than 50 countries and territories with, on average, more than 3,300 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning website, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members and members-elect serve more than 900 destinations with more than 10,000 daily flights to 149 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. AMR Corporation common stock trades under the symbol "AAMRQ" on the OTCQB marketplace, operated by OTC Markets Group.
AMR Corporation, and certain of its United States-based subsidiaries, including American Airlines, Inc. and AMR Eagle Holding Corporation, on Nov. 29 filed voluntary petitions for Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. More information about the Chapter 11 filing is available on the Internet at http://AA.com/Restructuring.
About the AAdvantage Program
The AAdvantage program was the first frequent flyer program. Established in 1981, the program now has more than 69 million members worldwide. Members can earn miles at more than 1,000 participating companies, which include 27 hotel chains representing more than 60 brands, more than 20 airlines, eight car rental companies, eight financial companies, and more than 500 brand name retailers. In addition, members can earn miles when making purchases with one of more than 100 affinity card products in more than 40 countries. In 2011, AAdvantage members redeemed more than 166 billion miles to claim more than 7.5 million awards for flights, upgrades and other rewards. For more information and a listing of AAdvantage program participating companies, visit www.AA.com/AAdvantage.
Current AMR Corp. news releases can be accessed at http://www.aa.com
SOURCE American Airlines