Continued commitment to improving the travel experience for loyal customers
FORT WORTH, Texas, March 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines has completed extensive renovations to its largest Admirals Club lounge at Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Enhancements to the club, located in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6, provide visitors more than 32,000 square feet of space to relax, conduct business prior to boarding a flight, or rest before exploring the Windy City's many offerings.
"O'Hare sees large numbers of travelers pass through its terminals each day making our Chicago H/K lounge one of the most essential Admirals Club facilities to our members and guests," said Nancy Knipp, President - Admirals Club for American Airlines. "In our continued commitment to improving the travel experience for our loyal customers, American is pleased to enhance the Chicago H/K lounge with an array of new amenities for visitors."
With seating for 504 customers, the renovated Admirals Club lounge features:
- A business center with 39 work stations and four PCs with high-speed Internet access;
- A walk-up cyber cafe with four PCs with high-speed Internet access;
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi access for Admirals Club members, as well as guests using a one-day pass to access the O'Hare Admirals Club facilities. High-speed Wi-Fi access is available through a subscription to T-Mobile for all other visitors;
- Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks, juices and light snacks, in addition to bar services and food for purchase through the enhanced food and beverage program, Amora™;
- A new global printing solution, powered by PrinterOn, which allows guests to submit print jobs via email or webpage uploads from any location and retrieve them in the lounge;
- Flat panel televisions, telephones, printer, copier and fee-based fax service;
- Spa-like shower facilities with eight private showers, complete with towels, shampoo, body gels and blow-dryers, as well as shower caps and razors upon request;
- A children's room with a TV and two PCs featuring age appropriate programming, and
- Assistance from Admirals Club representatives with ticketing, re-booking flights or upgrades
The H/K Admirals Club is open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. One-year Admirals Club memberships for new members range from just $350 to $500. AAdvantage miles can also be used to purchase Admirals Club memberships. One-day passes are available for $50 and may be purchased online, at self-service check-in machines, or at any Admirals Club location.
American, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, operates 44 Admirals Club locations in airports throughout the world. To enhance the travel experience for its customers, American continues to reinvest in its Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge facilities. American recently announced the beginning of extensive renovations to its Boston Admirals Club lounge and the opening of two new Admirals Club lounges - one at Raleigh/Durham in October 2008 and one at Washington Dulles in February 2009. American also opened a new Flagship Lounge in Miami in December 2008. For more information on Admirals Club lounges, including Admirals Club membership and one-day pass information, log on to www.aa.com/admiralsclub.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® airlines serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines® We know why you fly® Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet. The address is http://www.aa.com/
AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN7
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE: American Airlines
Web site: http://www.aa.com/