American Airlines Adds Boston Market Selections to Food-for-Sale Program
FORT WORTH, Texas, May 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines, a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, will enhance its food-for-sale program with the addition of Boston Market® sandwich and salad options. The new items will be offered on select flights beginning May 1 and will expand to additional flights in the coming weeks.
"We are pleased to partner with Boston Market to provide our customers with quality inflight food options from a reputable brand name that they recognize," said John Tiliacos, American's Managing Director - Onboard Products. "American continuously seeks to infuse our food for sale program with new products that our customers value, and Boston Market is helping us do just that with new food selections."
Customers traveling on Hawaii flights, Chicago flights to and from Los Angeles and to and from Miami, and transcontinental flights departing after 10 a.m. can purchase a Boston Market sandwich beginning this Friday for $10, the meals include:
- Boston Market Chicken Carver®: All-white meat chicken, cheddar cheese, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato and Dijon-mayonnaise served on an artisan roll with Miss Vickie's® chips.
- Boston Market Beef Brisket Grinder: Tender beef brisket, provolone cheese, mesclun greens, mild giardiniera relish, and Tuscan-mayonnaise served on an artisan roll with Miss Vickie's® chips.
- Boston Market Italian Grinder: Salami, smoked ham, provolone cheese, mesclun greens, sliced tomato, and olive-parmesan spread on an artisan roll and served with Boston Market's light balsamic vinaigrette on the side and Miss Vickie's® chips.
On July 1, the sandwiches will be offered on additional routes. Customers traveling domestically or to and from destinations in the Caribbean, Canada or Mexico on flights departing after 10 a.m. and lasting three hours or longer can enjoy a Boston Market sandwich created exclusively for American Airlines.
In addition to the sandwiches, Boston Market salads will debut on American Airlines flights to and from Hawaii and on transcontinental flights departing after 10 a.m. on June 1. The following three selections are available for $10 each:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Crisp romaine lettuce topped with all-white meat chicken and parmesan, romano and asiago cheeses. Served with creamy Caesar dressing and SUNCHIPS®.
- Market Chopped Salad: Crisp romaine and mesclun greens topped with all-white meat chicken breast, crunchy yellow and green zucchini, broccoli, dried cranberries, and toasted sunflower seeds. Served with champagne vinaigrette dressing and SUNCHIPS®.
- Italian Chopped Salad: Crisp romaine and mesclun greens topped with salami, smoked ham, sliced tomatoes, crunchy yellow and green zucchini, broccoli, parmesan, romano, and asiago cheeses. Served with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing and SUNCHIPS®.
"We are excited to partner with American Airlines and to bring Boston Market quality products to their customers," said Richard Davis, Boston Market's Vice President - Culinary Innovation. "This selection of sandwiches and salads were developed specifically for American Airlines to offer travelers a satisfying, nutritious meal."
American launched its food-for-sale program four years ago with the goal of providing quality food items for purchase in the main cabin. The airline regularly updates the offerings to provide customers with choice and variety.
Snack items available for purchase on food-for-sale flights include Saile & Sabga Gourmet Chocolate Chip Cookie for $3, Lay's Stax® Potato Crisps for $3, Premium Nut Blend for $4, and Cheese-and-Cracker snack tray for $4. On domestic flights lasting three hours or longer that do not feature Boston Market items, a fresh sandwich is available for $6. For the complete listing of food for sale items check out the Sip & Savor page in American Way magazine or visit www.aa.com/dining.
American accepts American Express® Cards and other major credit and debit cards for onboard purchases. Receipts are provided to passengers upon request. Product choices and availability may vary by route and on American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights.
About American Airlines
American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® airlines serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
About Boston Market
Boston Market Corporation, based in Golden, Colo., is a leader in the fast-casual restaurant category. Boston Market serves convenient, wholesome meals in 530 restaurants located in 28 states. The company also partners with leading supermarket chains and club stores to offer Boston Market-branded ready-to-heat meals in the deli departments. Boston Market Corporation is a wholly owned by Sun Capital Partners. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.bostonmarket.com.
AmericanAirlines® We know why you fly®
Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet.
The address is http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pressReleases/main.jhtml
SOURCE: American Airlines
Web site: http://www.aa.com/