American Airlines is a global airline and offers a broad network to take you where you want to go and beyond. Because we can't fly to every destination in the world, American Airlines codeshare relationships with other airlines allows you to reach more destinations as smoothly and seamlessly as possible.
What is Codesharing
Codesharing allows American to directly sell another carrier's flight using an AA code and flight number. American codeshares on select quality carriers, including most one
world® carriers and our regional affiliates
, American Eagle and AmericanConnection.
You benefit by having a large, global network - more flights and destinations. Other benefits include:
- One stop reservations and ticketing
- The ability to check your baggage and obtain a boarding pass to your final destination
- Pre-reserve a seat, when applicable
- Coordinated schedules for easier connections
- Earning AAdvantage miles based on the policies that apply to AA flights. A flight sold as an AA flight also earns elite status qualifying miles.
Connecting through London or Madrid?
Check your ticket before you fly through our busiest hubs to make sure you know where to go. Even if you have a connecting boarding pass issued by American Airlines, you may be connecting on a flight operated by a oneworld® or codeshare airline. To find out, simply look for the words "operated by…" on your ticket.
Learn more about codeshare connections through London