Just in time for the New Year, First Class and Business Class customers traveling internationally onboard American Airlines can now indulge in a host of new upgrades.
Just in time for the New Year, First Class and Business Class customers traveling internationally onboard American Airlines can now indulge in a host of new upgrades. The new premium inflight experience has launched onboard American's 777-200ER, 767-300ER and 757-200 aircraft flying in Europe, Asia and long haul Latin America markets. American's highly-anticipated 777-300ER will also offer the elevated elements when the aircraft goes into service later this month.
First Class Enhancements Include:
- A welcome aboard card and an amenity kit, stocked with Dermalogica® skincare products, that doubles as a tablet case. In addition, customers will enjoy upgraded closed-toe slippers, an additional pillow, and the choice of a specialty mimosa.
- New menu selections served on updated, more modern china along with new flatware, and upgraded linens. In addition, First Class customers will receive a textured placemat, napkin ring, accent water glass and an amuse bouche, a bite-sized hors d'œuvre.
- First Class customers' entrees and beverages will be hand-delivered upon request. Food and beverage enhancements includes more variety and selections, including the introduction of a soup option, and a customizable pasta entrée – a first for an airline. There will also be an expansion of American's signature sundaes with a featured sundae option, a breakfast card – similar to hotel room service, increased bread options and a pre-landing sweet treat and spa water.
- A wine sampling will be offered inflight for First Class customers. Customers will receive a tasting card to assist in their selections for the remainder of the flight and all offerings will be specially chosen for the flight by American's wine consultant, Ken Chase.
Business Class Enhancements Include:
- New slippers and an amenity kit with Akhassa® cosmetics.
- New menu selections served on updated, more modern china along with new flatware, and upgraded linens.
- Newly designed food elements and a customized sundae from the airline's popular dessert cart.
In addition, premium class customers on the 777-300ER aircraft, set to begin flying on Jan. 31, will enjoy a walk-up bar with a selection of snacks, sandwiches, and assorted sweets, available in between the first and last meals. To learn more, the full release is below.