More than a month after Sandy made landfall, the New York State Emergency Operations Center is still in a Full Activation mode. In New Jersey, the state Emergency Operations Center is activated at Enhanced Operations. The Red Cross is still in the emergency part of their response to Sandy, and expects to continue this for weeks. They are actively working with communities to determine unmet needs and how the Red Cross can help meet those needs now and in the future. This will continue through the recovery process.
Please join us in supporting the disaster victims by making a cash donation. American will reward your generosity with an AAdvantage® bonus mile offer. Through December 31, 2012, AAdvantage members can earn a one time award of 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for a minimum $50 donation, or 500 AAdvantage bonus miles for a donation of $100 or more to the American Red Cross.
Thanks to the public’s generous support, the Red Cross has been able to provide food, shelter, relief supplies and comfort to thousands of people. Approximately 2,400 Red Cross workers are on the ground now, continuing to support shelters, provide food and water at fixed sites, and drive through neighborhoods to distribute meals and supplies.
Terms & Conditions:
- In New York, hundreds of people are still unable to return home, or have returned home to neighborhoods where massive clean-up efforts are underway.
- In New Jersey, the Red Cross is continuing services. Red Cross service delivery locations were open in Atlantic City and Toms River, where local residents met with caseworkers to begin their recovery planning. More so, Red Cross feeding efforts in the state are taking a more targeted approach as the disaster needs change in the community. We’re focusing our efforts on areas that still have an urgent or unmet need for meals.
- To date, more than 15,200 Red Cross workers have been deployed from all 50 states. About 90% of these workers are volunteers
- Nearly 8 million meals and snacks have been served.
- The Red Cross has distributed more than 6.1 million relief items such as hygiene kits, clean-up kits, clothing, work gloves and mops.
- The Red Cross has made more than 91,700 health and mental health consultations.
- The Red Cross continues their coordination with more than 50 national. Red Cross leadership continues to be in close communication with state and federal government leaders.
- Offer valid on contributions made online at http://american.redcross.org/americanairlines-pub*.
- Minimum donation of $50 required in order to earn AAdvantage bonus miles.
- Members will earn a one time bonus up to 500 AAdvantage miles.
- Promotion dates are 10/31/12 through 12/31/2012.
- AAdvantage miles will post to the member’s AAdvantage account approximately 21 days after the donation was made. Please check your AAdvantage account on aa.com to verify the AAdvantage miles have posted to your account.
- The name on the donation receipt must match the name on the AAdvantage account.
- You must be an AAdvantage member to receive the bonus miles.
- AAdvantage bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.
- American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice.
- American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.
- For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
- The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position.
- For more information about the Red Cross, please visit www.redcross.org.
When accessing a partner or information site, a new browser window or tab will open. To return to AA.com/JoinUs
, close the browser window or tab.