Donate now.Through the end of May, AAdvantage members can earn a one-time award of 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for a minimum $50 donation, or 500 AAdvantage bonus miles for a donation of $100 or more to the American Red Cross. Simply choose Disaster Relief, International Services, or Nepal Earthquake fund when making your donation. Donate miles.AAdvantage members can also donate miles to the American Airlines Miles of Hope program, which works to benefit organizations such as Red Cross.
American again joins forces with American Red Cross to assist those who are suddenly affected by disaster. Whether it’s a severe storm stateside or an earthquake thousands of miles away, with the dedication and donations of our customers and employees, the Red Cross is ready to help. By pledging donations, the Red Cross is about to immediately respond.
American employees have a long history of volunteering time, talent and funds to the important relief organization. From donating blood at company-sponsored blood drives to helping deliver supplies, employees are passionate about assisting with the organization. When tornados struck Oklahoma last month, the response from local employees was immediate.
“Given the destructive nature of the weather in Oklahoma, our employees are keenly aware of how disasters affect communities and they are always wanting to help," said Bill Collins, Vice President – Base Maintenance, TUL. “Our employees are passionate about donating their time and resources to the American Red Cross to help provide life-saving disaster relief.”
The Red Cross responds to more than 70,000 events each year, providing shelter, food and emotional support to those who have been impacted by a disaster. With the help of American employees and customers, the organization is able to provide immediate assistance.
Please join us in supporting the Red Cross by donating funds or miles. American will reward your generosity with an AAdvantage®
bonus mile offer. With your help, we can all be Red Cross ready.
American's History with American Red Cross
American Red Cross deployed more than 15,000 volunteers to aid disaster victims impacted by Hurricane Sandy, a destructive and deadly hurricane that hit the Atlantic coast in 2012.
Red Cross volunteer Eilene Guy comforts Maria Pennell, who lost her home by the destruction caused by Hurricane Irene in August 2011. Maria’s six children, including Maryulite Ruiz (rear) and Emily Pennell, were safe with her in a Red Cross shelter. Photo by Daniel Cima/American Red Cross.
American Airlines employees and customers helped raise more than $1.7 million to help aid those affect by Japan’s earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
Be prepared, be Red Cross ready in your own home
Are you prepared if a disaster hit in your hometown? Here is some information and a few tips from American Red Cross to help you get ready. For more information on how you can get Red Cross ready, visit arcbrcr.org.
Terms & Conditions:
Miles of Hope Terms and Conditions:
- Offer valid on contributions made online at www.redcross.org/cm/americanairlines-pub.
- Minimum donation of $50 required in order to earn AAdvantage bonus miles.
- Members will earn a one time bonus up to 500 AAdvantage miles.
- Promotion dates are April 1-30, 2015.
- AAdvantage miles will post to the member’s AAdvantage account approximately 21 days after the donation was made. Please check your AAdvantage account on aa.com to verify the AAdvantage miles have posted to your account.
- The name on the donation receipt must match the name on the AAdvantage account.
- You must be an AAdvantage member to receive the bonus miles.
- AAdvantage bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.
- American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice.
- American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.
- For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit aa.com/aadvantage.
- The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position.
- For more information about the Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.
- Minimum donation of 1,000 miles required. Members who have an available balance of less than 1,000 miles may donate their entire balance. Your donation is not tax deductible.
- Processing can take up to 48 hours. American Airlines reserves the right to determine the final use of miles within the guidelines of the Miles For Kids In Need, Miles of Hope and Miles for All Who Serve programs.