Adding tomorrows is the goal of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s steadfast efforts to extend the length and quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis (CF). You can make a profound difference in the lives of children and adults living with CF.
Throughout March, you will be awarded 10 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for each dollar donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through American’s fundraising campaign. A minimum $25 donation helps to support and advance vital CF research, care and education programs.*
About the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
For more than 50 years, with the support of people like you, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has been the driving force behind the pursuit of a cure. Their focus is to support the development of new drugs to fight the disease, improve the quality of life for those with CF and, ultimately, to find a cure. The foundation is making a difference. And, thanks to remarkable scientific and medical breakthroughs, people with CF are living longer, healthier lives than ever before.
Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States; 70,000 worldwide. In the 1950s, few children with CF lived to attend elementary school. Today, advances in research and medical treatments have further enhanced and extended life for children and adults with CF. Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- More than 10 million Americans are unknowing, symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene.
- About 1,000 new cases of CF are diagnosed each year.
- More than 70 percent of patients are diagnosed by age 2.
- More than 45 percent of the CF patient population is age 18 or older.
- The predicted median age of survival for a person with CF is in the early 40s.
In 1986, American and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation began a most significant partnership. Together, we can all be a driving force behind the pursuit of a cure.
Terms & Conditions:
- Offer valid on contributions made online at www.cff.org/aamilesforCF.
- Minimum $25 donation required.
- Offer valid March 1-31, 2014
- Mileage cap for a 12-month period is 60,000 AAdvantage miles per AAdvantage account.
- Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.
- Please allow up to eight weeks for the bonus miles to be posted to your account. Donations can only be accepted in U.S. dollars. All gifts are welcome; however, miles will only be earned for donations of at least $25 USD.
American Airlines and AAdvantage are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.