During the past four years Sky Ball has raised more than $4.5 million dollars — and the Foundation prides itself on funding only those programs that directly benefit veterans, members of our military, Wounded Warriors and their families. The funds raised at Sky Ball go to support numerous military initiatives, including support for the families of service members stationed at Naval Air Station, Joint Reserve Base, Fort Worth, and other military installations across the U.S.
Sky Ball supports:
- The Medal of Honor Foundation
- Thanks USA
- The American Fallen Soldiers Project
- Wounded Warrior Support
- Heroes on the Water, helping veterans heal through fellowship and fishing
- Freedom Flight, taking heroes of the Greatest Generation, our WWII Veterans, to visit their Memorial in Washington D.C.
- Wounded Warriors Veteran's Day Weekend in Las Vegas
- Snowball Express, helping children of our fallen military heal and make new memories
- Gary Sinise Foundation, Building homes for our nations most severely wounded veterans
- Many other programs and causes in direct support of military families
Sky Ball XI honored all of our military service members and our nation's veterans, with special thanks to those that have served in Afghanistan, and included a Salute to the United States Army. Several of America's living Recipients of the Medal of Honor along with many distinguished guests and dignitaries were in attendance, along with many wounded warriors as special VIP guests.
For the first time this year, the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport acted as a presenting sponsor for this marquee event, along with partners American Airlines, Bell Helicopter, Armed Forces Insurance, the USO, PSAV, One Hope Wine, OnSite OHS, and Greyhound — all coming together to make a difference for many deserving charities that support our veterans and their families.
In addition to this Black Tie Gala, on October 4 there was a free concert for military family members headlined by Wynonna Judd. On October 3, along with Military.com and the Non Commissioned Officers Association, The Airpower Foundation hosted a Career Expo to provide employment, education, vocational and other resources to veterans and their families.