TOP 20 EUROPE
1. The Balmoral, Edinburgh, Scotland
2. Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
3. The Ritz London
4. Four Seasons Hotel Milano, Italy
5. The Savoy, London
6. The St. Regis Rome
7. The Dorchester, London
8. Hotel Cipriani, Venice, Italy
9. Dromoland Castle Hotel, County Clare, Ireland
10. Hotel de Crillon, Paris
11. Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme
12. The Gritti Palace, Venice, Italy
13. The Dolder Grand, Zurich
14. Le Chateau Les Crayeres, Reims, France
15. Four Seasons Hotel Prague
16. Palace Luzern, Lucerne, Switzerland
17. Hotel Splendido, Portofino, Italy
18. The Langham, London
19. Turnberry Resort, A Luxury Collection Resort, Ayrshire, Scotland
20. Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
While Scotland talks secession, The Balmoral has already separated itself from the U.K. — not to mention the continental — pack.
How? By waving the national flag without losing its cool. The new Scottish Afternoon Tea features local Blairgowrie beef and Scottish smoked-salmon sandwiches and Dundee cakes.
On the cool side, the new cocktail tasting menu is modeled on Michelin menus, featuring four seasonally changing courses of drinks, appropriately portioned and paired to an amuse bouche.
Four Seasons Hotel George V
The boom in luxury hotels in Paris has created a room race for best Eiffel Tower views.
Not to be outdone, the new penthouse at the Four Seasons Hotel George V spans a bathroom with an infinity tub, a bar stacked with antique books, a winter garden, and, bien sur, two balconies overlooking the iconic tower.