1. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
2. Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
3. The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Colorado
4. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge,
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
5. Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas
6. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, Hawaii
7. Grand Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
8. Fontainebleau Miami Beach
9. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu, Hawaii
10. The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, Florida
11. Paradise Point Resort & Spa, San Diego
12. El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Puerto Rico
13. Disneyland Hotel, Paris
14. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, Wisconsin
15. Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, Hawaii
16. (tie) The Cloister at Sea Island, Georgia
16. (tie) JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
18. JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
19. The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Alberta, Canada
20. Casa de Campo, La Romana, Dominican Republic
Kids love Disney, of course. But management behind the mouse knows how to get adults engaged too with a something-for-every-age amenity program. For the parents, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa recently introduced its new 15-treatment-room Senses spa dispensing treatments ranging from Florida-inspired organic facials to whimsical relaxing baths, each delivered with custom refreshments, lighting, and music. While most services are adults-only, a Mad Hatter–themed pedi-chair in the nail salon targets junior spa-goers.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Vacations are all about togetherness. But top CL raves go to resorts that know how to give us a break. Take Fontainebleau Miami Beach. At check-in, children receive a passport with free coupons for sweets and a map to a treasure chest stuffed with beach toys to borrow. Kids Night Out programs on Fridays and Saturdays bundle dinner, games, and a movie. And daily FB Kids camp adventures span magic shows, crafts, and DJ dance parties.
CHECK IT OUT
Take your teens to the Four Seasons Hotel Boston any Saturday night to “Raid the Fridge.” From 7 to 10 p.m. teenagers can select a complimentary snack to take back to their room.
Bees pollinating the grounds at Maui’s Grand Wailea produce seven gallons of honey daily from rooftop beehives. Look for it in spa treatments, 26 different restaurant recipes, and in the gift shop.