10. Wears best suit to the airport.
9. Stands in 45-minute line for boarding pass instead of printing it at home or using the self-service kiosks at the airport.
8. Checks luggage for an overnight trip.
7. Can't find identification and holds up the security line while emptying pockets.
6. Goes through the security barrier with coins in pocket … gets sent back. Twice. Forgot the left pocket.
5. Leaves cell phone in one of the baskets at security … doesn't realize it until about to board the plane.
4. Doesn't have luggage with wheels, so has to run back to security and then back to boarding ramp with heavy carry-on banging against already bruised thighs.
3. The bag is so heavy because it contains an 18-inch laptop with a 20-minute battery.
2. Forgot about the time change in the connecting city.
1. Booked a flight with only 20 minutes' leeway in the connecting city.
(Hey, that was me I was describing … once upon a time.)
- Joan Merrill, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma