During winter, a hotel is only as good as its fireplace is grand. We’re talking hearths that roar and encourage a good snuggle as well as an impromptu New Year’s Eve toast. We braved the flames, and here’s our short list of BFFs (best fireplaces forever). We’d like to know yours, so tweet us your pics today (@americanway
)! The Ahwahnee Hotel
Yosemite National Park, Calif.
Historic, luxurious, surrounded by natural beauty — and it has a grand fireplace (several, actually) that defies superlatives.
(801) 559-4884, www.yosemitepark.com
The Bowery Hotel
The Ahwahnee Hotel
dnc parks & resorts at yosemite
Proof that cool can pack serious lobby fireside heat — and it’s in the New Year’s Eve capital of the world. Play celeb peekaboo at your own risk.
(212) 505-9100, www.theboweryhotel.com Brasstown Valley Resort and Spa
Young Harris, Ga.
A massive structure that inspires a campout. Resist and go to the resort’s New Year’s Eve Gala Masquerade Ball instead.
(706) 379-9900, www.brasstownvalley.comFour Seasons Resort Lanai, the Lodge at Koele
Romantic snuggle nooks are tucked next to each of the lobby’s two exquisite fireplaces. Plus, the staff will bring you dinner.
(808) 565-4000, www.fourseasons.com/koele Keswick Hall
This intimate hotel hosts a spectacular New Year’s Eve gala that begins with champagne around the elegant, cozy fireplace.
(888) 778-2565, www.keswick.com Washington School House
Park City, Utah
An 1889 school is reimagined as a luxury boutique hotel. The 17-foot fireplace with an antique Louis XVI carved mantel is a beauty and adds sparkle to any New Year’s Eve toast.
(800) 824-1672, www.washingtonschoolhouse.com