Steve Martin and John Candy had the right idea in Planes, Trains and Automobiles: With the proper attitude, even the rigors of a road warrior lifestyle can be funny.
1. “As much fun as I’ve had on this little journey, I’m sure one day I’m gonna look back and laugh.”
2. “You shared a motel room with a stranger? Are you crazy?” “Not yet. But I’m getting there.”
3. “You’re going the wrong way! ... You’re going to kill somebody!”
4. “I haven’t been home in years.”
5. “Please. Have mercy. I’ve been wearing the same underwear since Tuesday.”
Of course, it’s a lot easier to smile when you’re armed with great stories, tips, and gadgets. So read on …