1. 39. (Double each number and add one.)
2. Pales, leaps, lapse, pleas
3. The missing letter is z; amazing, zealous, horizon, bizarre.
4. a) The Morse code b) Slot machines
5. a) Banker, baker b) Slide, side
6. One, two, seven, ten
7. Draw, chest, long
8. Her sister-in-law’s brother’s wife (sister-in-law by marriage).
9. Armistice; the missing letter is i.
10. Each word can be anagrammed into the name of a city (Basel, Denver, Meissen, Toledo).
Mr. Moto was a Japanese detective in novels by John Phillips Marquand. Peter Lorre originally played him in the movies.
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org