1. Ten (tenant, tendon, tenure)
2. a. Panther b. 1) Pant 2) Her
3. Twenty-seven inches. The material is 18 inches long, or 9 inches plus 9 inches (half of 18). The length of the material plus half its own length is 18 inches (plus 9 inches, or 27 inches).
4. A fool and his money are soon parted.
5. Caper, crape, pacer, recap
7. There were 30 of each coin.
Bonus Answer: 567,123. (If the digits are ABCDEF, we are told that C=B+1 and C=B+D. The only way this could work is if D=1. This makes the last three digits 123. Since we are told that B=D+E+F, we calculate that B=6, and the first three digits are 567.)
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to email@example.com.
QUESTION: In 1936, American Airlines Chairman C.R. Smith wanted to recognize the airlines’ most loyal supporters. How did he do that?
ANSWER: By creating Admiral’s Clubs.