1. Ebb tide, oddment, egghead
2. Nine (six boys and three girls)
3. Each word can be anagrammed into a word for an occupation (tutor, teacher, dentist, tailor).
5. “What I really need is a good PR man to change my image.” (Code: A=B, B=C, Z=A, etc.)
6. Ryan was her brother.
7. “I really don’t like speaking this way,” said Tom swiftly.
9. Why would anyone order a double cheeseburger and a diet soda?
Bonus Question Answer: Women's suffrage
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org