1. Peony, lilac, aster
2. 357,819. (If the digits are ABCDEF, we are told that D+1=F and that D+E=F. The only way this could work is if E=1. Once we know E, we can deduce that the digits are: 3, 5, 7, F-1, 1 and F. Since the sum of the digits is 33, we have the equation 2F+15=33. Solving, F=9.)
3. There is no use in crying over spilt milk.
4. $60. Work backward: 3x$2=$6; 2x($6+50 cents)=$13; 2x($13+$1)=$28; 2x($28+$2)=$60
5. a) Alight, slight b) Hamper, pamper c) Noodle, poodle
6. When you leave work early, everyone notices. When you work late, nobody knows.
BONUS ANSWER: 10 of each
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to email@example.com
QUESTION: In 1957, American Airlines built the world’s first special facility for flight-attendant training in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. What was it called?
ANSWER: The American Airlines Stewardess College.