Puzzle and Quiz AnswersSudoku
1. Astir, stair, sitar
2. Six typists. It works out to one typist doing one page in two minutes.
3. Milly is 32 and Dilly is 8.
4. 3+74+985=1,062. (There is more than one answer, but this is the one we came up with.)
5. Cucumber. The others are geranium, marigold and aster.
6. You can buy 25 widgets for $50. (A widget costs $2 and a doodad costs $3. This can be solved algebraically or by trial and error.)
7. Dried, redid
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to email@example.com
Bonus Question: Sadness (or an equivalent of sadness). The scrambled word is HAPPINESS.
Question: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport was originally called Merle Fogg Field.
Answer: C.R. Smith, the first president and CEO of American Airlines inspired the creation of the DC-3.
For more information about the Flagship Detroit Foundation or to become a member, please visit www.flagshipdetroit.org.