1. a) Soften, often b) pirate, irate c) dimply, imply
2. Jill was correct. There were 31 cars in the jar.
3. SAIL, SOIL, COIL, COAL, COAT, BOAT
4. “I was very happy when the township built a public library,” Tom said readily.
5. a) Dialogue. (Each word contains the five vowels “A,” “E,” “I,” “O,” “U,” once each in some order.)
Bonus Answer: Trade. (All the other words begin with two letters in alphabetical order.)
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to email@example.com.
QUESTION: When American Airlines opened the Admirals Club in 1936, it was the first of the airline VIP clubs. Why was it named the Admirals Club?
ANSWER: American Airlines Chairman C.R. Smith began naming honored passengers and friends of the airline by coining the term “Admirals” in keeping with the designation of the airline’s planes as the “Flagship Fleet.”