1. Would you call an animal you were seeing again déjà gnu?
2. I’d rather be in Paris.
3. Nine hours. (One baker bakes one cake in an hour and a half and six cakes in nine hours.)
4. Drain, nadir
5. “I just spilled some luminescent paint,” said Tom glowingly.
6. Madrid, Dublin, London, Ottawa. (Take the first three letters of each city in sequence, then skip three groups of three each and continue.)
7. 40 (5 + 3 = 8; 8 x 5 = 40)
8. Down in the dumps
9. And (Stand, Brand, Bland, Eland, Command, Grand)
Bonus Question: Four
Did you find an alternate answer? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org