Don’t think teal is your color? Then it’s time you give the brilliant blue (or is it green?) a second chance. You’ll add a pop of color to your life — and if you buy one of the products below, you’ll help fund ovarian cancer research and awareness programs. That’s right: Teal is the official color of National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month (which just happens to be September). Ovarian cancer is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers, according to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, and during our lifetime, it will be diagnosed in one in every 69 women in the United States. For more information about ovarian cancer, visit the Alliance’s website, OvarianCancer.org, or the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition’s site, Ovarian.org. And, of course, load up on teal! — J.S.
2. TEAL RIBBON BRACELET, $20. (952) 938-5344, www.goodybeads.com
3. TEAL RIBBON NOTECARDS FROM NOTECARDS BY MER, $23 for a set of 10. www.notecardsbymer.com
4. OVARIAN CANCER NATIONAL ALLIANCE LONG-SLEEVED SCOOP-NECK TEE WITH LOGO, $22. (877) 735-2974, www.ovariancancer.org
5. TEAL AWARENESS RIBBON FLIP FLOP SLIPPER CHARM WITH 18-INCH CHAIN, $18. www.tealwemeetagain.com
6. L’ORÉAL PARIS WEAR INFINITÉ LONG-WEARING SILKY POWDER SHADOW IN CELEBRATION OF STRENGTH, $9, and LE KOHL CHARMING
EYELINER IN BLACKENED TEAL, $10. Available in October. Visit www.lorealcolorofhope.com for product information.
7. TEAL RIBBON CHECKS, $25 for 150 single checks. (800) 771-2439, www.chkusout.com