Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, the answers are at Puzzle & Quiz Answers page.
1. What one three-letter word can be placed in the blanks below to make three different words?
2. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same six letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?
The avid amateur chef read a very old ___________ that required her to ____________ a large joint of beef with a two-foot skewer.
3. Jim is one-fourth Jack’s age. In five years, he will be two-fifths Jack’s age. Two years ago, he was one-sixth Jack’s age. How old are they now?
4. Unscramble the letters in each pie segment below, and then find the missing letter that completes each word. (The missing letter, indicated by the question mark, is the same for each word.)
5. A palindrome is a word, sentence or group of words that reads the same backward and forward.
A congratulatory remark to Eve?
“__ __ __, __ __ __, __ __’__ __ __ __ __.”
6. First, unscramble the letters in each word below, and then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.
EARW MOT VEI OT YLWMRA
DSIA TBOSO NI A RUF-DLIEN
EBRTIT DCLO DAH HTSI
DNA TOAC A FLFUMRE.
7. Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
H __ P __ R __R __T__ C__ L __ Y
8. What letter logically replaces the question mark in the sequence below?
A Z D W G ? J
Bonus Question: Which of Shakespeare’s plays gave us “It was Greek to me”?
American Mensa Limited, known as the High IQ Society, is an organization for individuals who have one common trait: a score in the top 2 percent on any supervised standardized intelligence test. For more information about American Mensa or to take the Mensa Home Test, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway or call (800) 66-MENSA.
Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years. She is a co-author of the Mensa Think Smart Book. Quiz © 2010 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa Limited from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). The 2011 edition of the calendar is available for sale now.