The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, the answers are on this page.
1. Which of the scrambled words below is least like the others? The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables.
a) COACHGI b) LCDNVLEAE c) RZCIUH d) NGDANLE
2. How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all five letters once in each word? We were able to find four words.
3. Find the word that best completes the following sequence.
a) Hammer b) Belong c) Tender d) Think
4. The name of a bird is hidden in each of the three sentences below. Can you find all three? (The letters are in consecutive order.)
said the caddie.
Both awkward dancers fell down.
I am disgusted with rush hour traffic.
A _ T _ D _ L _ _ _ _N
7. Unscramble the 25 letters below to make a five-word sentence that ends many fairy tales.
F H H I I L L
P P R R T T V V Y Y
Bonus Question: Supply the missing number.
5 11 4
7 18 5
4 5 ?
Did you enjoy this Mensa Quiz? Take the Official Mensa Home Test online right now for just $5! Go to www.us.mensa.org/mht and, when prompted, enter code AA1101. Mensa is the High IQ community that celebrates and connects more than 56,000 members nationally and more than 100,000 members internationally. Discover how to join at: www.us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.