The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers?
1. Carrie is twice as old as Jean. Five years ago, Carrie was three times as old as Jean. In five years, Jean will be three-fifths Carrie’s age. How old are they now?
2. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same six letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?
4. Find the word that fits the definitions below when it’s 1) a whole word and 2) divided into two words.
1) Whole word: factory lunchroom
2) Two words:
a) a container b) a young person
5. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same seven letters, can be used to complete the sentence that you see just below?
6. Rearrange the words below to form the names of four plants.
Bonus Question: An eight-letter word appears in the box below. Find it by beginning with the correct letter and moving clockwise or counterclockwise around the box, using each letter only once.
True / False: You can purchase an upgrade for another AAdvantage member using your credit card.