The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, the answers are on this page.
2. Each definition below applies to a word that begins with the name of a different animal. Can you find all three words?
b) Reasoned position _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9 letters)
c) Vital organ _ _ _ _ _ _ (6 letters)
3. Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
4. First unscramble the letters in each word below, then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.
5. A statement about someone’s smarts is coiled in the grid below. To spell it out, start with an “H” and move to an adjacent letter in any direction. Three letters will not be used. All others will be used exactly once. Hint: The enumeration is (2’1 3 3 4 5 2 1 11 5).
X N O N A R O R E N
X P L I C H S O S O
E T A B M O L L E H
6. Some letters have been removed from the names of the three international cities listed below. Fill in the missing letters to find out which cities they are.
_ o _ e _ h _ _ e _
_ e _ s _ _ k _
Bonus Question: In each row, think of the five-letter answer to the clue that is on the left side. Then add an “F” to the letters and rearrange them to make the six-letter answer to the clue that is on the right side.
a) Our planet _ _ _ _ _ Family member _ _ _ _ _ _
b) Trivial _ _ _ _ _ Tell _ _ _ _ _ _
c) Beneath _ _ _ _ _ Cash back _ _ _ _ _ _
d) Spring flower _ _ _ _ _ Elevate _ _ _ _ _ _
Bonus Question: Find a six-digit number with the first digit one less than the second, the second digit one less than the third, the fourth digit one less than the fifth and the fifth digit one less than the last. The second digit equals the sum of the last three digits, and the third digit equals the sum of the second and the fourth.
Did you enjoy this Mensa Quiz? Take the Official Mensa Home Test online right now for just $5! Go to www.us.mensa.org/mht and, when prompted, enter code AA1015. Mensa is the High IQ community that celebrates and connects more than 56,000 members nationally and more than 100,000 members internationally. Discover how to join at www.us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.