br> 1. Find the five-digit number in which the first digit is half of the second, the second digit is half of the third and the fourth digit is two less than the third and three times the last. The sum of all of the digits is 22.
KMIGNA FO YM BLATUEIFU
NTROIADTI DAIS MOT
3. Rachel decided to give away her doll collection. She gave 10 percent to her friend Jamie, 10 percent to Kim, 10 percent to Beverly and 20 percent to the local children’s shelter. She decided to keep 10 dolls for herself, which meant she had 40 dolls left to sell. How many dolls did she start with?
4. The blanks below can be filled in with words spelled with the same four letters in different orders. Can you find them?
It was performed in three __ __ __ __.
When it was through,
The audience flew
And all of the __ __ __ __ went __ __ __ __.
5. What one three-letter word can be placed in all three of the blanks below to make three different words?
6. To the best of our knowledge, only one word can be made from all of the letters below, using each letter only once. Can you figure out what it is?
7. Which of the scrambled words below is least like the others? The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables.
Bonus Question: Mandalay, Bago and Thaton are all cities in what country?
American Mensa Limited, known as the High IQ Society, is an organization for individuals who have one common trait: a score in the top two percent on any supervised standardized intelligence test. For more information about American Mensa or to take the Mensa Home Test, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway or call (800) 66-MENSA.
Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years. She is a coauthor of the Mensa Think Smart Book. Quiz © 2009 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa Limited from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). The 2010 edition of the calendar is available for sale now.
You can find the answers on the Quiz and Puzzle Answers page.