The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, the answers are on this page.
1. Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
2. There was a contest to guess the number of gold coins in the store window. Jane guessed 61, Will guessed 59, Jim guessed 60, Sally guessed 58 and Bob guessed 62. One was correct. Two were wrong by two. Two were off by one. How many gold coins were there?
3. Four words with “age” in them fit the definitions below. All of the words are at least six letters long. What are the words?
d) A vehicle
California is a noted place to see the sea, no less than movie theaters.
5. We’ve removed all the vowels from the beginning of a well-known quotation. Can you put them back where they belong?
L L T H W R L D S S T G
6. What is the five-digit number when the first two digits are the number of original U.S. states, the third digit is the sum of the first and second digits, the fourth digit is half the third and the fifth digit is four times the fourth? The sum of all of the digits is 18.
7. An eight-letter word is coiled in the box below. Find it by beginning with the correct letter and moving clockwise or counterclockwise around the box, using each letter only once.
X E S
R E M
8. What movie star first went by the name Marion Morrison?
Bonus Question: When you look at the time, you realize that if it were two hours earlier, it would be three times as long before midnight as it would be two hours from now. What time is it now?
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of pportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Did you enjoy this Mensa Quiz? Take the Official Mensa Home Test online right now for just $5! Go to www.us.mensa.org/mht and, when prompted, enter code AA0715. Mensa is the High IQ community that celebrates and connects more than 56,000 members nationally and more than 100,000 members internationally. Discover how to join at www.us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.