The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, the answers are on this page.
1. What three six-letter words that are anagrams of one another can be used to complete the sentence below?
to _ _ _ _ _ _ to some secret conversations,
but the telephone stayed _ _ _ _ _ _.
2. Each definition below applies to a word that begins with the name of a different animal. Can you find all three words?
b) From now on _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10 letters)
c) Type of loudspeaker _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _(8 letters)
3. In each row, change the first letter of the two words to a different letter (the same letter for both) to form two new words. Write the new letter in the blank. These letters will form a word reading down.
Mural _ Dote
Serial _ Clone
Moose _ Formal
4. Place the same three-letter word in each of the blanks below to make four common words.
_ _ _ gerel
_ _ _ matic
_ _ _ sled
5. If two teenagers can eat three pizzas in a day and a half, how many pizzas can the same teenagers eat in five days?
6. Susan is younger than Sam but older than Tom. Tom is younger than Susan and Sam. Alice is younger than Tom but older than Bill. Who is the oldest?
7. The 21 letters below can be anagrammed into the first four words of a proverb counseling people not to foresee profits.
K N N N O O O
R S T T U U Y
Bonus Question: Ellie is 33 years old today. That makes her three times as old as Sophie was when Ellie was as old as Sophie is now. How old is Sophie?
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of pportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Did you enjoy this Mensa Quiz? Take the Official Mensa Home Test online right now for just $5! Go to www.us.mensa.org/mht and, when prompted, enter code AA0715. Mensa is the High IQ community that celebrates and connects more than 56,000 members nationally and more than 100,000 members internationally. Discover how to join at www.us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.