Mensa QuizThe following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, try our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page.
1. Change one letter in the name of a magazine about exotic places to find a magazine about places in the mind.
2. Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
3. Ryan is one-fourth Charlie’s age. In four years, Ryan will be one-third Charlie’s age. Four years ago, Ryan was one-seventh Charlie’s age. How old are they now?
4. Find the number that best completes the sequence below:
5. How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all five letters once in each word?
6. The following puzzle consists of one word that can be split into two words.
7. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same seven letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?
Bonus Question: The 11 letters below can be anagrammed into a four-word saying that sarcastically expresses lack of sympathy and is the title of a Justin Timberlake song. What is the saying?
Intelligent. Inquisitive. Intrigued? You know you belong, so why not join? American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/?americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Quiz © 2012 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years.