1. In each row, think of a four-letter answer to the clue on the left, then add a “C” to the front of that word to make the five-letter answer to the clue on the right.
a) Radiator’s output _ _ _ _ _ Swindler
b) Perform again _ _ _ _ _ Doctrine
c) Yearn (for) _ _ _ _ _ Hidden supply
d) Greek god of war _ _ _ _ _ Troubles
2. The seven words listed in the top two rows all have an unusual property in common. Which one of the four choices that follow share that property?
SUSHI, REHAB, PIANO, EPOXY,
DROOP, QUALM, COUGH
a) KNIFE b) WALTZ c) BATIK d) GUIDE
3. Fill in each blank below with a word that fits the definitions on either side.
An animal _ _ _ _ To endure
Mail _ _ _ _ Pole
To rant _ _ _ _ Part of a staircase
4. Find an eight-letter word by beginning with the correct letter and moving clockwise or counterclockwise, using each letter only once.
I L S
T L E
5. Claire, who is six years older than her sister Amy, is now three times as old as Amy was four years ago. How old are Claire and Amy now?
6. The letters in the expression “Neat Tailors” can be rearranged to form one word describing their work. What is that word?
7. Can you find the two numbers that fit the following description?
The square of the first number
plus the second equals 31. The
square of the second number
minus the first also equals 31.
Bonus Question: How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all six letters once in each word? We found four words.
B E I R S U
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of opportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Did you enjoy this Mensa Quiz? Take the Official Mensa Home Test online right now for just $5! Go to www.us.mensa.org/mht and, when prompted, enter code AA0701. Mensa is the High IQ community that celebrates and connects more than 56,000 members nationally and more than 100,000 members internationally. Discover how to join at: www.us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.