The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, try our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page
1. Fill in each blank below with a word that fits the definition on the left when read normally and fits the definition on the right when read backward.
Takes a pinch ____ Turn rapidly
A measurement ____ A type of wagon
2. Shannon wanted to give away her collection of doll dresses. She gave her cousin Danielle half of her collection, plus two. She gave her friend Kelly half of what was left, plus one. She gave half of what was left to a charity drive and decided to keep the last five dresses. How many dresses did she begin with?
3. Catherine decided to get rid of all of the change in her purse. She had $7.65, made up of the same number of dimes, quarters and half-?dollars. How many of each coin were there?
4. Unscramble the letters in each “pie” segment below, then find the missing letter that completes each word. (The missing letter, indicated by the question mark, is the same for each word.)
5. If six jelly beans and three chocolate bars cost 30 cents, and three jelly beans and six chocolate bars cost 33 cents, how much will 10 chocolate bars cost?
6. The following puzzle consists of one word that can be split into two words.
Two words: 1) fake
7. What one three-letter word can be placed in the blanks below to make two different words?
Bonus Question: To the best of our knowledge, only one other English word can be made from all the letters in the word domination, using each letter only once. Can you figure out what it is?
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of opportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/?americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years. Quiz © 2012 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Get your daily dose of puzzles by purchasing the 2012 calendar.