The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society. Can you provide the answers?
1. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same eight letters, can be used to complete the sentences below?
The lawyer was opposed to ____ Article 6. He said the original wording was an ______ part of the entire contract.
2. Fill in the missing letter.
B D F T R L K G H
R S F H F C T T ?
3. The words below have one unusual feature in common. What is it?
4. How many marbles were there if Alice guessed 20, Bill guessed 21, Charlie guessed 22, Dick guessed 17, and Ed guessed 16? One person was off by four, one by three, one by one, one by two, and one was correct.
5. Each of the following definitions can be answered by two words that rhyme.
Easily accessible snack
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The young man arrived at eight p.m., not seven.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
6. To the best of our knowledge, only one word can be made from all of the letters below. Can you figure out what it is?
E F G G G I I N O P T T
7. Which of the words below is least like the others? The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants, or syllables.
cough, aphid, coffer, after
8. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same eight letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?
The ____ donors to the illegal charity felt that the recipients were ____ who had preyed upon them.
9. A simple substitution cryptogram has been used to encode a puzzle. Work the code to find the answer.
GNV Z VNQC KHJD NUDQRHFGS BZM GZUD SVN BNMSQZCHBSNQX LDZMHMFR?
Bonus Question: Which war was settled by the Treaty of Westphalia?
If you find that you do need some help please visit our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page.
Intelligent. Inquisitive. Intrigued? You know you belong, so why not join? American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Quiz © 2012 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years.