The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society
Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, try our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page
1. A line from a classic 1966 song has had all its vowels removed. Replace them and find the line.
2. A jar full of change contains $5.40, with the same number of pennies, dimes and quarters. How many of each coin are there?
3. Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.
I _ C _ M _ _ E H_ _ S _ B_ _
4. Rearrange the letters in a word that means “jumps” to find a word that means “loses color.”
5. If three men can paint a wall in an hour and a half, how long will it take nine men to paint six walls?
6. Each of the following words can be re?arranged into a different means of transportation. Can you find them all?
7. Choose the right letter for each clue in the rhyme below. When put in order, the five letters will spell the answer to the riddle.
My first is in little but not in stand.
My second in finger but not in brand.
My third in big but not in bite.
My fourth in home but not in mite.
My fifth in think but not in hide.
My whole what you need at night inside.
8. Start with the number of feet in a fathom, subtract the number of feet in a yard, add the number of face cards in a standard deck, then multiply by the number of sides on a cube. What number do you get?
9. Some letters have been removed from the names of animals in the list below. Fill in the missing letters to find out what they are.
_ A _ O _ _
_ H _ _ P _ _ _ E _
L _ _ P _ R _
_ O_ L _
10. In one year, Jamie will be three times as old as she was 19 years ago. How old is she now?
Add the letter “R” to the word for a measure to find a word for a design on paper or fabric.
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of opportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway
, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/?americanmensa
Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years. Quiz © 2012 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Get your daily dose of puzzles by purchasing the 2012 calendar.