The following questions are provided by the folks at American Mensa, the High IQ Society
Can you provide the answers? If you find that you do need some help, try our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page
1. The same five letters, if rearranged, will make three different words to complete the sentence below sensibly. Fill in the words:
The entire audience was _____, even
the overflow, which was sitting on a
_____, as they waited for the famous
Indian musician to perform on the _____.
2. You are an office manager before the time of “click and paste,” trying to figure out how fast you can get a job done. You find that two typists can type two pages in two minutes. How many typists will you need to get 18 pages done in six minutes?
3. Milly is now four times as old as her daughter Dilly. In eight years, Dilly will be two-fifths her mother’s age. Four years ago, Milly was seven times as old as her daughter. How old are they now?
4. The following addition problem uses all of the digits from 0 to 9 once and once only. Two of the numbers have been filled in to get you started.
5. Which of the following words is the word that does not belong when all of the words are unscrambled?
MGREUINA GDLOIMRA RETAS CCUUBREM
6. If six widgets and three doodads cost $21 but six doodads and three widgets cost $24, how many widgets can you buy for $50?
7. What two words, formed from different
arrangements of the same five letters, can be used to complete the sentences below?
When the family returned from vacation,
they found that the heat had gone off in the
greenhouse. All the flowers had _____,
so they _____ the whole interior garden.
Give the word (or words) that is the opposite of the scrambled word below?
P P S S E I A N H
American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. Members come from all walks of life and enjoy hundreds of opportunities to share ideas and meet new people each year. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway
, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/?americanmensa
Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years. Quiz © 2012 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Get your daily dose of puzzles by purchasing the 2012 calendar.