Can you provide the answers?
1. Find the word that fits the definitions below when it’s a) a whole word and b) divided into two words.
b) Two words:
1. Means of public
2. Made a statement in court
2. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same seven letters, can be used to complete this sentence?
The _ _ _ _ _ _ _ was very good at
teaching would-be drivers how to handle dangerous _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
3. Bill is twice as old as Allison was four years ago. In six years, Allison will be twice as old as Bill was four years ago. (Hint: Neither is yet a teenager.) How old are they now?
4. What four-letter word can be placed in the blanks below to make four different words?
_ _ _ _ ABLE
_ _ _ _ RAY
_ _ _ _ END
5. Rebecca decided to get rid of the small change in her purse. She had $7.65 with the same number of dimes, quarters and half-dollars. How many of each coin were there?
6. In the measurement of horses, how long is a “hand” in inches?
7. Some good advice is coiled in the grid below. To spell it out, start with one letter and move to an adjacent letter in any direction. (Hint: Start with an “N.” Two nulls.)
T S T K Y O P A E
R R U E T R P U V
R M O E I T S S E
U O Y P N U A P R
8. What is the science of measuring and describing physical features of bodies of water and shore areas, primarily for purposes of navigation?
Bonus Question: How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all six letters once in each word? What are the words?
If you find that you do need some help, try our Puzzle and Quiz Answers page.
Intelligent. Inquisitive. Intrigued? You know you belong, so why not join? American Mensa is an organization for people with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. To learn more, visit www.us.mensa.org/americanway, call us at (800) 66-MENSA or connect with us at www.facebook.com/americanmensa or www.twitter.com/americanmensa.
Quiz © 2013 by Dr. Abbie F. Salny and American Mensa from the Mensa Page-A-Day Calendar (Workman Publishing). Dr. Abbie F. Salny was the supervisory psychologist for American Mensa and Mensa International for more than 25 years.