following are some of the ways, from mundane to unusual, that harley managers recognize their employees. one caveat: as with most "best companies to work for," it's not just a few recognition methods that make the difference, it's the fact that rewards come in all kinds, and come regularly.
- buying lunch for the department
- improving physical working conditions (installing floor mats, for instance)
- offering temporary use of company motorcycles
- increasing an employee's responsibility and input
- putting a letter in the employee's personnel file
- allowing the individual to lead
- sending employees to seminars at other harley locations or at other companies
- offering time off with pay
- providing opportunities for employees to report on their accomplishments
- arranging for front-row parking
- allowing flexible work hours
- giving bonuses for special accomplishments
- keeping people informed about matters of special interest -
every five years since its inception in 1903, harley-davidson has celebrated its anniversary. that's a lot of practice celebrating, and it will culminate in a yearlong, special 100th-anniversary blowout.
the festivities kick off july 20 in atlanta with the open road tour, which will travel the world - through u.s. cities such as dallas and los angeles and on to mexico city, tokyo, barcelona, and beyond. each stop will feature exhibits chronicling harley-davidson history, fashion shows highlighting biker style, special kid-oriented activities, and live music on two stages.