When fitness fails, many turn to plastic surgery. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more than 11 million procedures were performed in the past year alone. But just how much do you know about going under the knife? Take our quick quiz.
1) Americans spent how much on cosmetic procedures last year?
a. $67.7 million
b. $12.4 billion
c. $28.1 billion
2) Since 1997, the total number of cosmetic procedures has increased by what percentage?
3) True or false: In 2005, liposuction was a more popular procedure than breast augmentation.
4) True or false: In 2005, the number of tummy tucks outnumbered the number of nose jobs performed.
5) It’s common knowledge that more women than men get cosmetic surgery. But by what percentage?
a. 77.2% women vs. 22.8% men
b. 89.9% women vs. 10.1% men
c. 91.4% women vs. 8.6% men
Answers: 1) b. 2) c. 3) True. 4) False. 5) c.