WHAT'S HOT AND WHAT'S NOT IN AUTOMOTIVE FASHION?
· Door handles are no longer just functional. New low handles are expressive style statements.
· With no center pillars, freestyle doors make the rear seats easier to get in and out of while improving convenience and safety.
· Look for neoprene and thin mesh to spruce up interiors.
· Today’s cars have mostly clear-looking windshields and side windows. Look closely at the windows on the Cadillac Cien concept. They’re tinted blue to evoke the stylish mood of fashion sunglasses.
· In next year’s most futuristic models of everyday vehicles, automakers envision non-carpeted, utilitarian floors.
· At the big auto shows, the term “baby boomer” was scarcely heard. The attention is focused on the next generation of drivers and predriving teens.
· Although some of the new vehicles such as Chrysler’s Pacifica and the Mercedes Vision GST look like newfangled wagons, spinmeisters prefer to call them “segment busters.”