How well do you know Americas favorite family?
THIS MONTH, FOX AND DIRECTOR MORGAN SPURLOCK are unleashing The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3-D! on Ice!, a dazzling documentary special that dives into the history of everyones favorite Springfieldians. After 20 seasons 23 if you include the 48 shorts that aired over three seasons on The Tracey Ullman Show and still counting, The Simpsons is not only the longest-running American animated series in history but also the longest-running American sitcom. Weve assembled this quiz to celebrate the shows phenomenal two-decade run and to test how closely youve been paying attention to the exploits of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie Simpson.
1. By what wrong name does Moe (Szyslak) the bartender frequently call Marge Simpson?
2. Who is Bart Simpsons nemesis?
A. Nelson Muntz
B. Rev. Timothy Lovejoy
C. Kearney Zzyzwicz
D. Sideshow Bob
3. What is the name of Springfields rival town?
A. Ogden Town
C. North Haverbrook
D. Capital City
4. Rainier Wolfcastle, the fictional actor who plays McBain, also portrays which ill-fated movie character?
A. Radioactive Man
B. Senator Mendoza
D. Dr. Colossus
5. What does Homer Simpsons middle initial, J, stand for?
6. Which one of the following characters did the late Phil Hartman not voice?
A. Lionel Hutz
B. Johnny Tightlips
C. Lyle Lanley
D. Troy McClure
7. Who shot C. Montgomery Burns?
A. Waylon Smithers
B. Maggie Simpson
C. Homer Simpson
D. Marge Simpson
8. What does Bart Simpson say after he peers inside the offices of MAD Magazine?
A. Ay, caramba!
B. Is that Alfred E. Neuman?
C. Id like the grand tour, please!
D. Wow! I will never wash these eyes again.
9. What milestone episode did The Simpsons pass this season?
10. What job does Homer Simpson take when he relocates his family to Capital City?
A. Baseball mascot
B. Radio host
C. Monorail conductor
11. In its original incarnation, what could be found on Homer Simpsons head?
A. A toupee
B. Bigger eyes
C. A smaller nose
D. Matt Groenings initials
12. Where does the Who perform in Springfield?
A. On a river barge
B. Atop a wall of garbage
C. On the roof of Moes Tavern
D. In the Springfield Mall
13. What was Maggie Simpsons first word?
14. Where does Lisa Simpson work in adulthood in the episode Bart to the Future?
A. The White House
B. The New York Times
C. The National Organization for Women
15. As punishment for his poor behavior, which movie is Bart Simpson banned from seeing?
A. Radioactive Man
B. A Matrix Christmas
C. Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie
D. Star Trek XII: So Very Tired
Answers: 1. C, 2. D, 3. B, 4. A, 5. C, 6. B, 7. B, 8. D, 9. C, 10. A, 11. D (forming the hairline and ear), 12. B, 13. B, 14. A, 15. C