THIRD PLACE, MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA
Justin ForerOccupation: Consultant, IBB Consulting Group
Band/Artist: The Roots
Album: Things Fall Apart
Our Favorite Reason Why He Thinks He’s the Ultimate Road Warrior: “I once decorated my NYC apartment to look like a hotel room so that I felt like I was on the road when I was at home.”
Third Prize: One three-night vacation for two at the Hilton Papagayo Resort & Spa in Costa Rica
One BlackBerry Storm smartphone from Verizon
One $100 Verizon Wireless gift card
20 Things You Should Know About Me
1. I am a die-hard fan of the Miami Dolphins, the Miami Heat and the University of Miami Hurricanes.
2. I was in a TV commercial when I was 5 years old (for Viewtron; check it out on YouTube).
3. My favorite movies are Raging Bull and Animal House — both brilliant, critically acclaimed films.
4. I am in the process of starting my own travel-related website: OnTheStandbyList.com.
5. I’m a third-generation Miami native, but I lived in NYC and STL [St. Louis] for 15 years.
6. I still can’t slam-dunk, but I’m hoping that I have one more growth spurt coming my way.
7. My wife and I have visited approximately 40 countries between the two of us — only 155 more to go!
8. I won the Miami Herald Silver Knight Award for excellence in academics and community service in high school.
9. I once sat next to Shakira on an AA flight. I think we have now both been on magazine covers!
10. I played in the 2005 World Series of Poker but came up just short (by about 5,000 people) of winning the grand prize.
11. If I could, I would eat breakfast for every meal.
12. I once rode an elephant through Thailand’s Golden Triangle.
13. Since I am usually on about 10 planes per month, I read and reread American Way more than any other periodical.
14. I tried to get the Roots to be the band at my wedding.
15. My wife, most of my friends and all of my coworkers have never seen me without a beard.
16. I don’t open my candy at the movies until the opening credits start. Why waste all those Milk Duds during the previews?
17. My wife dreams of a closet full of Louboutins; I dream of a closet full of Reef sandals.
18. I have seen every single James Bond movie.
19. After Hurricane Katrina, I started a mileage drive to collect frequent-flier miles to donate to victims of the storm.
20. I have an original seat from the Orange Bowl in my apartment.